Be a significant part of a great team engaged with multidisciplinary design, development and integration for Cellular IoT solutions.
The candidate will join Altair’s Modem Applications team as a SW development engineer. This role involves mixed and multidisciplinary embedded tasks within our IoT modem chipset.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical engineering, SW engineering or computer science
• At least 5 years of proven experience in Embedded software development and debugging
• At least 3 years of proven experience in C Programming
• Experience with embedded operating systems (such as RTOS or Embedded Linux)
• Fluent in English with superior oral and written communications skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player
• Quick learner, Motivated, Self-driven, with a “can-do” attitude
• Experience with integration of complex SW-based networking systems
• Experience with ARM or MIPS based processors
• Experience with networking stack and protocols TCP, UDP, FTP, etc.
• Experience with cellular systems standards GSM, GPRS, CDMA, UMTS, LTE etc.
• Experience with device drivers development (such as: UART, I2C, SPI, USB, JTAG)
• Good knowledge of Python, bash and Linux
• Proficient with lab and measurement equipment (Oscilloscope, logic, probe)