As a DSP engineer you will be responsible for developing and integration the DSP firmware layer running on the Altair’s Software Defined Modem (SDM). You should have perfect understanding of signal processing concepts and particularly ones used in DSP implementation of wireless modems. You should be capable of designing, evaluating, implementing and delivering optimized DSP code. You will be engaged in software architecture, partitioning and mapping on Altair’s SDM and proprietary DSP engines, hardware accelerators and RISC. Your team and you will be developing and maintaining the code (in C, assembler and proprietary low-level language), performing bit-exact versus reference models, analyzing its performance vs. KPIs (e.g. real time and cycle count budgets).
As experienced DSP engineer you should work closely with the system teams shaping the algorithms and making sure they fit a real time and power consumption sensitive constraint platform. You will be also working very closely with the PHY embedded firmware engineers to integrate the code and debug it, as well as with Silicon platform architects to influence the next generation platform architecture.
The platform you will be working is on Altair’s newest chipset, designed especially for the IoT market, highly integrated and operating at super low power. Although you will be leveraging legacy software components and infrastructure, we expect that while developing the technology you will also assist in evolving our infrastructure and software methodologies.
- SP firmware programming in Cellular IoT modem product. Development, integration, testing and maintenance of the DSP code
- Definition of the firmware architecture, mapping to SW/HW elements
- Real time and other KPI study and analysis
- Mapping the proposed modem algorithms into firmware components
- Contribution to the algorithmic concepts, fixed point implementation and other system aspects of the modem
- Involvement in the next generation platform definition and architecture based on your accumulated experience in the area of DSP programming and testing
- BSC or MSC in electrical engineering, computer science or applied mathematics from leading university
- At least 7 years’ experience as DSP engineer
- Perfect understanding and broad experience in wireless modem technology, preferably cellular modems and related technologies
- All-around player, capable of understanding and even functioning at lower (algorithm) and higher (PHY control firmware) layers of the solution
- Excellent engineering skills – problem solving, pragmatic approach, broad system view, mathematical
- Profound experience with programming DSP machines with various architectures, proprietary (self-made and HW accelerators) and standard (CEVA, TI) and usage of tool-chains and other debugging tools
- Experience with Matlab simulation and/or C-level algorithm reference models
- Experience developing and debugging code with and without RTOS
- Perfect understanding of fixed point concept and trade-offs
- Experience in DSP data path optimization and real time analysis
- Good communication skills (oral and in writing) in English
- Willingness to travel occasionally
The position is located in Oulu, Finland