Sony/Altair has a well-established position as the world’s leading supplier of Cellular IoT chipsets.
Our IoT Business Group here at Sony/Altair is growing and we have an opportunity for a Senior Business Development Manager to join a growing team in the US. You will be responsible for conducting business development activities across the Cellular IoT ecosystem and creating strategic business opportunities for Sony/Altair in North America.
Do you have a passion for business development in the emerging markets of IoT and do you love to translate corporate and divisional goals into market strategies? If so, then we believe this is an excellent opportunity for you.
• Identify, develop, and influence the Cellular IoT device and services ecosystem with an emphasis on growing relationships and engagement with key partners, aiming to accelerate partner and customer success in North America
• Create relationships with partners’ key stakeholders and support the establishment of Sony/Altair as market leader within the Cellular IoT ecosystem
• Define and own collaboration strategies for target partners (Silicon partners, Hardware and Software partners, Service providers, System Integrators, Solution Providers, Cloud partners etc) and identify, across ‘chip to data services’ value chain, ways to connect our partners with each other to drive new business relationships and accelerate business growth
• Work closely with our Sales, BD, Product Planning and Product Marketing teams to define and execute strategies to accelerate partners and customers time to market, at both a regional and global level, through a vibrant and dynamic device ecosystem
• Passion to inspire change and open new business opportunities
• Possess a deep understanding of device and cloud ecosystems in IoT combined with a robust understanding and experience of the broader IoT value chain. Advantage for experience in Cellular IoT domain
• You should have excellent understanding of the technical and business challenges facing large organizations and enterprises looking to exploit the opportunities in the IoT domain
• Strong communicator, able to work well in a multi-geography, cross-functional organization
• You can demonstrate an ability to implement longer-term winning strategies whilst impacting positively on the short term business opportunities
• We need you to build networks and develop positive relationships across the entire IoT value chain
• You are self-organized, focused and forward-thinking, you have the ability to bring new ideas into the business, and have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• MBA degree from leading university in business, with relevant technical background
• Minimum 7 years experience in business development
• Track record of business development with small and large entreprizes
• Excellent business analytical skills
• Excellent customer relationship
• Excellent communication skills
• Team player
• Self motivated and disciplined
• Technical knowledge in edge IoT industry, Cellular IoT preferred