As a L2/L3 firmware engineer, you will be responsible for developing and integration of the firmware layers running above the modem in a Cellular IoT product. This firmware, referred to as LTE Protocol Stack, consists of multiple layers, implementing the LTE communication protocols. The firmware is written in C, running on RISC in an RTOS environment. The term ‘Stack’ herein below typically refers to Data and Control planes, but the team is also involved with platform SW development.
You will also be involved in hands-on software feature set design, implementation, and integration with the entire protocol stack. The Stack is complex and your ability to grasp the overall architecture and dig into other software components will assist you to guide the team to debug and pin-point issues found during integration process and after. You will be also discussing and agreeing on APIs and software implementation with the System architects, analyzing performance, making sure functions conforms to the specifications and meet the KPIs.
The platform you will be working is on Altair’s newest chipset, designed especially for the IoT market, highly integrated and consuming super low power.
• Development, integration and unit-level testing of new functions in LTE protocol stack
• Programming in C code under RTOS environment for standard RISC
• Defining software APIs with lower (PHY) and upper layers of the software
• Identifying and debugging issues at the system level
• BSC or MSC in computer science or applied mathematics or electrical engineering
• Experience in developing real time embedded software systems for standard RISC (ARM, MIPS, ARC or other CPUs)
• Excellent engineering skills – problem solving, pragmatic approach, broad system view – must
• Good communication skills (oral and in writing) in English
• Hands on experience in 3GPP Protocol Stack development of cellular modems (2G/3G/4G/5G)
• Experience in platform software development, IC accelerators, boot sequence, HW interface
This vacancy is in Altair Finland R&D center, Oulu.