As a L1/PHY firmware engineer, you will be responsible of developing LTE Physical Layer and L1 Layer firmware for Cellular IoT modem. The L1/PHY firmware is responsible of managing the baseband and RF ICs, controlling the Software Defined Radio (SDR) and scheduling its tasks, and communicating with the upper layers of the LTE software stack.
As L1/PHY engineer, you are also responsible for the firmware integration, quality, and conformity of the FW. Your background in 3GPP and other wireless standards, as well as your experience in real time C coding and HW/SW co-development will assist you in fulfilling the requirements of this position. The platform you will be working uses Altair’s newest highly integrated and super low power chipset, designed especially for the IoT market. Based on your experience you will be able to develop and adapt the methodologies and work procedures you are already familiar with to deliver an excellent, super low power, and stable L1/PHY software solution on Altair’s unique modem architecture.
• Embedded firmware development for Cellular IoT modem product and development of the L1/PHY code
• Definition of the firmware architecture and mapping the architecture to SW/HW components
• Mapping the proposed modem algorithms, 3GPP and platform requirements into firmware components
• Contribution to the algorithmic concepts, fixed-point implementation and other system aspects of the modem
• Defining software APIs with lower (DSP) and upper (L2 and above) software
• Involvement in the next generation platform definition and architecture based on your accumulated experience in the area of embedded SW development and testing
• BSC or MSC in electrical engineering, computer science or applied mathematics
• Knowledge and experience in wireless modem technology, preferably cellular modems and related technologies
• Excellent engineering skills – problem solving, pragmatic approach, broad system view
• Experience in developing real time modem code running on RISC processors (MIPS, ARM, ARC) and on fixed-point DSP
• Experience in developing and debugging code
• Good understanding of fixed point concept and trade-offs
• Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
• Experience in power consumption optimization, both at system-level and in software implementation.
This vacancy is in Altair Finland R&D center, Oulu.